Asynchrony Runners Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Creve Coeur Lakers

It's long run Sunday again, and Mark and I dutifully headed out around Creve Coeur lake. It was a brisk, almost chilly morning, with temperatures hovering around 50...perfect for an easy 7 miler. I laid out the course we ran on google earth (love that program!) and have provided it here for your viewing pleasure.

As we were coming off the gravel side trail and starting to make our way around the back of the lake, we saw what looked like an eagle (white tail feathers) swoop down and grab a fish, then take off across the lake towards land. It was really quite amazing, and I'm sure that if we had a camera, someone could tell us exactly what it was we saw. If only I could find a camera built for runners...small, light, waterproof.


So, with eight weeks to go until the Las Vegas 1/2, we're right on schedule. After a quick stop on the scale, I'm currently down 8. So, it appears this calorie reduction plan seems to be working for me. Now, the question is...can I get rid of the other 12 by the time the race rolls around without cutting back so far I ruin my runs. I think for the normal weekly runs (4 to 5 miles a day) it should be no problem. May be just some extra carbs and protein for those longer weekend runs. I'll let you know how it goes. I promise, no whining :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home