Asynchrony Runners Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

Lewis and Clark 1/2 Marathon


Mark and I had a nice run over the weekend out in St. Charles. Mark (2:06) had a much nicer run than me (2:17)...I had a cramp around mile 8 and had to slow down for a bit, but at last finished the race.

It seems like only a week has passed and we're now already back in training for the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon coming up in December. Several Asynchronites are going out for the run and it should be an amazing event...the most Elvis' in a race in the country :)

This week, I decided that to run faster in December, I have to weigh less. No big suprise when you consider the physics of the situation. Anyway, I've handed my bag of delicious chocolate chip cookies out and am currently snacking on raw almonds. oh, yum! In an effort to actually track the effort this time, I got out my trusty iQue 2600 (Palm OS) and fired up my Diet & Exercise Tracker.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm looking to shed 15 prior to the race. So that's 11 weeks, 1.35 lbs a week. Hey, I should be able to do that! I'll update the blog with status along the way to try to keep my motivation up. I don't need to share the actual starting and ending weight, but I'll post progress along the way, let's say as a % of goal weight. That's always a good way to do it.

And lastly, I'm thinking we might need some Asynch running shirts for the race, may be like our unbelievably nice softball shirts, but made for running. I'll check into it and let you know what I come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home