Asynchrony Runners Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back in the Saddle

A lot has been going on since November of 2006. I've run a few additional half marathons, recently took a disastrous few months off and am in serious pain after getting out for a few short 5Ks the past few days. It is amazing how quickly you can lose it, your average pace, your distance, everything. Let's be sure not to let that happen again!

Nike+ has pretty much changed my life. I used to run and track my stats in the privacy of my own laptop. Now, with Nike+ and the excellent team challenges available on the net, it makes everything so much more immediate. I almost feel like if I don't have my nano to track my run, I don't even feel like heading out. Luckily, that doesn't happen very often!

The latest challenge is about logging the most miles in the next 30 days. I'm on the geezer team (those of us over 40) and we're against the youngsters, who we soundly trounced not too terribly long ago. We'll again see who can prevail, youth or experience :)

See you out there on the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home