Asynchrony Runners Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

On the Treadmill

I'm out in Charleston and was all set to run this morning. I ran yesterday morning and it was just wonderful...it was around 55 degrees. This morning, the temperature was the same but there was a heavy fog advisory...and given that I'm not at all familiar with the area, it seemed best to keep it inside. I made my way down to the workout center an hopped on the treadmill. Pure torture! I thought I was going to go crazy just running without getting anywhere. I've been running outside all winter, through rain, sleet, snow and cold, and this was worse than anything I'd been through all year.

I know that there will be a time again when I'm stuck indoors on the mill. Does anyone have any suggestions so that it won't be so terribly boring next time? Should I listen to tunes? Try to medidate? Turn up the TV? Ugh.

1 Comments:

  • Comon, guys. The race isn't for three more months. If it's too cold, don't run! Running, it seems to me, should be about pleasure. Charleston (I presume SC) is a beautiful place to run, walk or just sit outside on King Street drinking some sweet tea wondering which tie from Ben Silver's looks best on you... You on business or vacation?

    Treadmills are for hampsters...

    By Blogger Pip, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home